Restigouche County covers the territory from Saint Quentin in the west, to Belledune in the East, while the Restigouche Region served by the Restigouche Regional Service Commission (RSC) excludes the municipalities of Saint Quentin and Belledune. Many statistics presented on this website will include all of Restigouche County.
The Province of New Brunswick’s recent Local Governance Reform has seen the number of entities in the Restigouche Region reduced due to amalgamations. Links to the new communities will be added as they develop their new websites.
- The CAMPBELLTON REGIONAL COMMUNITY now encompasses the former municipalities of Atholville, Campbellton, Tide Head and the LSDs of McLeods & Glencoe
- The VILLAGE OF BOIS-JOLI now encompasses the former municipalities of Balmoral, Eel River Dundee (Crossing) as well as the LSDs of Blair Athol & St Maure.
- The TOWN OF HERON BAY now encompasses municipalities of Dalhousie, Charlo and the LSDs of Dalhousie Junction, Point la Nim and a portion of Chaleur.
- The KEDGWICK RURAL COMMUNITY now encompasses the LSDS of St Jean Baptiste-Menneval, White’s Brook and portions of the LSDs of Eldon & Saint Quentin.
- The balance of LSDs have been regrouped under the RESTIGOUCHE RURAL DISTRICT, namely Addington, Flatlands, Mann’s Mountain, Lorne as well as a portion of the LSDs of Chaleur, Eldon & Balmoral-Maltais.