Economic and Labour Force Development Coordinator
The Restigouche Regional Service Commission is seeking to hire an full-time Economic and Labour Force Development Coordinator to work under the supervision of the RSC’s Chief Executive Officer with the support of an-advisory committee. The ELFDC will coordinate the region’s economic and labour force development strategies & activities.
For more information regarding the Restigouche Regional Service Commission, visit www.restigouche.ca
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
As the Economic and Labour Force Development Coordinator, you will perform a variety of duties, including:
- Coordinate meetings of the Advisory Committee on Economic Development.
- Participate to and eventually coordinate the regional labour market partnership forum
- Participate to the development of a workforce and population growth action plan outlining activities that the region can lead, coordinate, or support.
- Coordinate an attraction and retention strategy for the region which will include a workshop with community leaders
- Implement identified activities.
- Support the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and co-workers, working in related sectors of activity and/or related to economic development. These colleagues may be involved in, but not limited to, the welcoming and community integration of newcomers, the community development sector, transportation, affordable housing, and tourism promotion.
- Liaise with various stakeholders, including municipal administrators, municipal councils, rural district, provincial government departments, service delivery agencies, and many others.
- Other tasks and actions that could be identified in order to achieve the objectives for the optimal development of the region.
EDUCATION, SKILLS, AND EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate for this position will have a university education in business administration, public administration, or a related discipline. This person will have relevant knowledge and experience in organizational administration. The person will have acquired experience in project management and development. An equivalent combination of Education/Experience may be considered. A very good knowledge of French and English, both verbal and written will be required.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional communication skills, ability to be tactful and diplomatic.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multi-task as deadlines and priorities change.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite software (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), & Zoom
- Ability to work flexible and non-flexible hours.
- Have a reliable vehicle and a valid driver’s license
Total compensation for this position will be competitive and commensurate with the qualities and experience of the successful candidate. The salary range is $48,000 to $57,000. Usual work week is 35 hours Monday to Friday, however meeting and events may take place on evenings and/or weekends from time to time.
Please send your resume and cover letter electronically, in PDF format, by email to email@example.com, include subject Economic and Labour Force Development Coordinator.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, May 5th, 2023.
We thank all those who apply; only those who have been selected for the next stage will be contacted.